TSG Solutions is a veteran owned small business dedicated to providing outstanding services and solutions to enhance customer security, preparedness and operations. Our capabilities include Visualization/Digital Mapping Solutions, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Risk Management/Physical Security Consulting and Cyber Security Services.
TSG Solutions is committed to its employees by offering an outstanding work environment, which affords them every opportunity to thrive and grow both professionally and personally. We are hiring for the following position at Air National Guard Base McGhee Tyson, Tennessee.
This position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting all necessary engineering efforts in the integration and testing of systems to meet evolving geospatial capabilities requirements. Primary duties of the DBA will include spatial database administration and geospatial capabilities application development and support, working in conjunction with members of the ANG GeoBase Operations Team. Reporting to the Asset Management Site Lead and serving as a member of the Operations Team, this position’s primary responsibilities also include, coordinating, analysis, design, construction, and implementation of new functionality and modifications to various databases to enhance and support business processes and meet information needs. Additionally, the DBA will ensure organizational effectiveness by providing functionality for the organization’s data storage and dissemination systems while providing clear guidance on proper data access processes and procedures.
- Responsible for all Microsoft SQL Server database administration to include, but not limited to; database backups, database creation, database upgrades when necessary, database login administration, rolls/permissions management, performance analysis and tuning of databases, SQL log monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all geospatial data will be available and/or distributable to individuals who have a need or requirement to view and use the data.
- Applied knowledge of relevant industry, government, and DoD standards such as SDSFIE, ISO, and FGDC metadata standards is highly desired.
- Develops and applies organization-wide information models for building integrated database management systems.
- Experience with geospatial data within the DoD and its services and with SDSFIE highly desired.
- Ensures that policy and guidance are available so that all ANG data sets can adhere to identified data and metadata standards.
- Acts as the gatekeeper to the garrison and functional geospatial data (incoming, outgoing, reviewing of data).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Coursework in IT-related academic disciplines, e.g., Information Systems, Information Technology Management, or Data Analyses
- Knowledge of experience with administrating Microsoft SQL server.
- 2 + years’ experience in Federal or DoD Business Systems.
- Experience with GIS technologies and python scripting is desired.
- Ability to communicate with senior staff both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Active DoD 8570 Certification desired.
Qualified applicants, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirement.
TSG Solutions offers competitive salary and a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company sponsored 401(k), paid government holidays, and paid time off.
TSG Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org