TSG Solutions Inc is a veteran owned small business dedicated to providing outstanding services and solutions to enhance customer security, preparedness and operations. Our capabilities include Situational Awareness Services and Solutions, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Security and Technology Consulting and Engineering and Technical Services.
TSG Solutions is committed to its employees by offering an outstanding work environment, which affords them every opportunity to thrive and grow both professionally and personally. We are hiring for the following position at Joint Base Andrews, MD:
The GeoBase Geospatial Web Developer will be responsible for the development and implementation of web based geospatial map services, content management, and application support.
This position also requires the writing of comprehensive technical specifications and support documentation, and regular interaction with stakeholders for requirements gathering and system training. This position will also at times be responsible for assisting with the support of the information system operations, information assurance standards and protocols, computer operations, technical support, and systems analysis. The Geospatial Web Developer may also assist with database administration, information system training and awareness in coordination with ANG GeoBase Program Manager. Reporting to the GeoBase GIS Administrator and supporting the ANG GeoBase Management team and support staff, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring the development and maintenance of the ANG GIS web based map services and provide system and application support.
- Technical working knowledge of leading geospatial technologies, vendor software and software configurations.
- Knowledge of web technologies, standards, and protocols.
- Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 Certification required, e.g. CompTIA Security (Candidate must be able to obtain proper certification within first 6 months of employment if certification is not currently held).
- Client interaction (written, verbal, communications skills).
- Applied knowledge of relevant industry, government, and DoD standards such as SDSFIE, ISO, and FGDC metadata standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Science, GIS, or a related technical field from an accredited college or university (other education, military experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted).
- Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience in web based geospatial technologies implementation and development with one year proven experience implementing geospatial technologies projects.
- Experience working with enterprise-wide geospatial technologies programs.
- Experience with MS SQL Server database management is desired.
- Experience authoring standard operating procedures and technical manuals for geospatial technologies.
- Experience with requirements gathering and needs assessment.
- Familiarity with industry standard Information Assurance policies and practices.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
Qualified applicants, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com.
TSG Solutions offers competitive salary and a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company sponsored 401(k), paid government holidays, and paid time off.
TSG Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.