In June 2008, TSG Solutions authored a report entitled, “Campus Violence Prevention and Response: Best Practices for Massachusetts Higher Education” (the report is publically available and can be downloaded here.
This engagement consisted of the following:
- Quantifying campus violence nationally and within the state of Massachusetts
- Identifying previously established best practices for campus safety and violence prevention
- Evaluating the existing campus safety and violence prevention practices in Massachusetts
- Recommending campus safety and violence prevention solutions
Following this report, TSG Solutions published “The Handbook for Campus Threat Assessment and Management Teams”. This is a practical guide for establishing and running an effective multidisciplinary team responsible for the careful and contextual identification and evaluation of behaviors that raise concern and may precede violent activity on campus.
In addition to publishing the Handbook, we offer our expertise in the following violence prevention and response services, applicable in K-12 and College/University environments:
- School/Campus Violence Prevention and Response Assessments
- Emergency Response Plan Development
- Threat Assessment and Management Team Workshops and Seminars
- Mass Notification Messaging and System Design
- Security System Design
- School/Campus Master Planning
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Tabletop Exercises / Full-Scale Drills